Home to the world's third-largest barrier reef and some of the most beautiful beaches on…
(Updated on: May 01, 2022)
We are pleased to share that our Turks and Caicos Islands are open to visitors and we are thrilled to welcome guests to our resort.
The safety and well-being of our guests, team members, and community remain a top priority and we are following the highest guidelines provided by our governmental authorities as we prepare to welcome you.
TURKS & CAICOS ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
(As of May 01, 2022), the Turks and Caicos Government made updates to pre-entry requirements for all visitors and residents of the Turks and Caicos Islands as follows:
- All visitors aged 18 and older must be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination.
- Visitors under the age of 18 and those who are medically exempt are not required to be vaccinated.
- Visitors are no longer required to undergo Covid 19 testing before arriving in Turks and Caicos.
- Visitors are no longer required to apply for Travel Authorization or complete a health screening questionnaire.
- Visitors are no longer required to obtain travel insurance with comprehensive COVID-19 coverage. However, visitors will be responsible for costs related to medical care, hospitalization, quarantine and testing if they test positive for COVID 19 during their stay.
- Masks/Face Coverings are no longer required.
For details on full vaccination requirements, exemptions and more, please click here to view the updated entry requirements page on the Turks and Caicos Islands Government, Ministry of Health and Human Services website.
#1 A Valid Passport
Turks and Caicos requires that all visitors hold a passport that is valid for at least 90 days beyond their scheduled departure date.
#2 Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination
(As of May 01, 2022), the Turks and Caicos government requires all visitors (18 years of age and older) to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Full vaccination status means that visitors have received the required series of accepted mRNA or Adenovirus vector vaccines or a combination of the two. Please click here for a complete outline of WHO-approved vaccines.
To be considered fully vaccinated, visitors must have received the final dose of their required vaccines at least 14 days before their scheduled arrival in Turks and Caicos.
- According to The Turks and Caicos Tourist Board, accepted proof of vaccination are as follows:
- E-certificate/digital certificates, e.g. CVS, Walgreens, NHS
- Certification by doctor or government entity
- Vaccination cards/certificates accepted by national authorities: e.g. EU, US, UK (i.e. CDC, NHS)
- A vaccination letter signed by a medical professional (physician or registered nurse) on official letterhead with contact details — doctors registration or licensed # should be included with details of the first and second dose (date, country and vaccine you received)
- Authorized government entity or printed record from an electronic vaccination database
For more information on required vaccines, accepted forms of proof of vaccination, and vaccination exemptions:
Please refer to the complete pre-entry requirement outline on the Turks and Caicos Government Ministry of Health and Human Services website here.
#3 Optional Insurance Considerations
(As of May 01, 2022), the Turks and Caicos government no longer requires that all arriving guests have valid Travel Insurance with COVID-19 related coverage. However, visitors are responsible for costs associated with medical treatment, quarantine, testing and medivac costs if they test positive for COVID-19 and require treatment during their visit.
DEPARTURE REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL AMERICAN AIR-PASSENGERS
COVID Testing Requirements:
(As of October 25, 2021), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) requires that all air passengers (over the age of 2 years) returning to the United States obtain proof of negative COVID-19 test no more than 1-day prior to boarding their flights home.
In accordance with these new CDC guidelines for all air passengers returning to the United States, The Tuscany has partnered with Family Choice Medical Center to offer our guests COVID-19 (Antigen & PCR) testing on-site before their departure. Testing will be carried out by a certified lab technician at a designated rapid testing location within The Tuscany Resort’s property.
To Arrange for Your Rapid Antigen Test:
- Upon arrival and check-in at The Tuscany, speak with our concierge about reserving your COVID-19 test to take place no more than 1-day prior to your departure.
- Airlines require that all air passengers provide proof of negative COVID-19 test (or proof of recovery) before boarding. More information here.
- Antigen testing costs $60.00 USD per person and PCR testing costs $185 USD per person (subject to change).
Please refer to The Turks and Caicos Islands Tourism Board website for more details about Turks and Caicos COVID-19 testing requirements and facilities.
OUR OPERATIONAL PROCEDURES
- Temperature Checking – Infrared “no-touch” thermometers
- Physical Distancing – Standing 6ft away from others that are not part of your “bubble”
- Hand Sanitizers – Readily available and “touch-less” located throughout the resort
- Health Checks & Procedures – Guests and Staff
Pre-Arrival / Arrival
- Upon arrival, guests will receive a temperature check using an infrared “no-touch” thermometer.
- To reduce contact and time at the front desk, check-in formalities for pre-booked guests will be conducted in advance via email and/or online.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will be placed at the reception desk, in all suites and throughout the property.
- The maximum number of guests per elevator car is four unless in one family group.
- All guests are required to wear a protective mask upon check-in, in public areas throughout the resort (and throughout the island) and in close contact with others.
- Facemasks for the number of guests in your party will be provided; if more are required, masks can be purchased from the front reception desk.
- If a guest’s temperature is indicative of a fever (100F or 38C) they will be required to contact the local hospital and subject to quarantine.
- Staff will be wearing masks and/or shields at the front desk.
- Social distancing will be required at the front desk (6ft away from each other).
- The front desk area and its various equipment are sanitized after every guest interaction.
- Pens and keycards are sanitized between use.
- Daily laundry and housekeeping services will be provided.
- Hand sanitizers will be placed in suites.
- Special attention by housekeeping to all switches, appliance controls, doorknobs, countertops, faucets, and remotes.
- Advanced cleaning products used throughout.
- Housekeeping team members are wearing PPE.
- Our Housekeeping Team will maintain the practice of cleaning and disinfecting suites thoroughly after every guest checks out. Each suite is also to be fogged.
- All suites will have been disinfected and sanitized prior to the guest’s arrival.
- All bedding (linen, towels, mats/carpets, upholstery, etc.) and in-room equipment and appliances will be sanitized prior to the suite being prepared for the guest’s arrival.
- All in-suite amenities will be sanitized such as bottled shower gel, bar soap, amenity shampoo, etc.
- Housekeeping staff will work with PPE, wearing masks and or shields and protective gloves.
- Daily housekeeping services will still be provided.
- There will be a pause on guest “opt-out” cleaning. All guest suites will be cleaned daily.
- To reduce contact with the staff, guests will be asked to leave their rental suite during housekeeping cleaning service.
- Advance scheduling of fitness center by guests to ensure reduced capacity.
- Guests are asked to please ride the elevator alone, or ONLY WITH FAMILY MEMBERS.
- Beach and pool loungers are placed in groupings 6 feet apart.
Additional Sanitization Measures
- Public Spaces – from elevators, pool rails and loungers to our fleet of bikes – all will under-go strict sanitization protocols after each use, at regular intervals throughout the day.
- All activities are restricted to families and private groups.
- Private babysitting services are available in guest suites.
- Limited to two guests at a time on a first come first serve basis, using a Signup form.
- The gym equipment and all high-touch areas will be sanitized after each use.
- A sanitizing station is available.
Pool & Beach
- Chairs and sun loungers on our pool and beach have been spaced out to practice safe and comfortable social distancing.
- Groups are restricted to no more than 6 guests unless you are part of the same family.
- Our pools will continue to be cleaned every morning and will be monitored throughout the day to ensure guests are following social distancing guidelines.
- All pool and beach loungers will be set up with appropriate social distancing.
- All loungers, chairs and tables will be sanitized and disinfected after each use.
- Beach chairs are sprayed at resort opening and closing.
Moving Around the Resort Property & within Common/Public Areas
- PPE must be worn when moving around the property; using pathways, hallways and corridors
- PPE must be worn when accessing the parking lot, the front desk
STAFF WELLNESS, EDUCATION AND VIGILANCE
- Employee Health and Safety Awareness – We are supporting our employees through proper hygiene protocols and cleaning standards. Staff is instructed to wear gloves, and masks as currently mandated by the government.
- We perform temperature checks on each staff member upon arrival to work.
- Hand Hygiene – We require our staff to wash their hands frequently and have strategically placed hand sanitizing stations around the resort to ensure that they have easy access to disinfectants.
- We require our staff to practice social distancing and respiratory hygiene.
- Ongoing Training – We continually inform and update team members about how the virus can spread and require them to exercise vigilance in their day-to-day practices.
- Real-time Information – We monitor new information daily from the CDC and WHO websites, and we ensure that our team takes all appropriate action.